The dApp browser designed by Coinbase has been rebranded as Coinbase Wallet.
Coinbase posted on Medium "Today, we’re proud to announce that Toshi is becoming Coinbase Wallet. This is not just a new name, but part of a larger effort to invest in products that will define the future of the decentralized web and make that future accessible to anyone."
Coinbase states that "With Coinbase Wallet, your private keys are secured using your device’s Secure Enclave and biometric authentication technology."
Coinbase Wallet is going to be limited to Eth and ERC-20 tokens at first with others being added later. Toshi apps are set to be updated to Coinbase Wallet automatically soon.
- Manage ETH and all your ERC-20 tokens (very soon we’ll be supporting BTC, BCH and LTC).
- Receive airdrops and ICO tokens.
- Buy and store crypto collectibles — non-fungible tokens that are unique — and use them in games, or trade them on marketplaces.
- Send payments to anyone anywhere, without geographical borders or fees.
- Access leading decentralized exchanges and relayers to buy and sell tokens.
- Explore the full universe of third party dapps that enable everything from taking out a loan or lending to others on the blockchain to earning crypto by answering questions, performing services, or completing tasks.